Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving/ 1 Month Old!!!

Our first family photo, Thanksgiving Day


My Daddy dressed me (gown is on backwards)


Reid is light sensitive like Daddy,
so Daddy let him wear his glasses


My 2 baby birds Thanksgiving morning.

I haven't updated in a few days because of the internet here, but there really hasn't been much of a change. They had told us we may go home early this coming week, but now that has changed. They are saying now that the babies are not taking enough calories per day, and until they do we will be here. The Dr. said this morning probably another week, possibly longer. UGHHHH!!!!!

They have both eaten VERY good for the last 24 hours. They were jumping from 14 cc's to 25 or more. Since 5:00 yesterday afternoon they have both eaten 20 or more per feeding. That is a step in the right direction.

What we are waiting for right now is for them to get out of incubators and into cribs. The Dr. estimated this to happen in the next 2-3 days. After that, they will have to maintain their temperature on their own, and continue to gain weight. After that we should be headed home!!!!!!! Pray for all of the things above to happen. I don't want to rush the babies home before they are ready, but at the same time, I'm SO ready to go home!!!!!!!!

Our Thanksgiving was good.... but it didn't feel like Thanksgiving. The whole day I thought it was Friday. Mom was leaving and Brent was there.... then Margaret came Friday, which she usually does on Saturday.... so my days have been mixed up.

We had Thanksgiving lunch here at the RMH. Mom and I went to Walgreens and called that our Thanksgiving shopping (we usually go at 5:00 AM Friday). Brent, Mom, Dad, and I all went to Bass Pro Shop that afternoon and it was WILD!!!!!!!!!!! There were so many people. Mom and Dad left that afternoon.

My friend Kellye and her mom came Thanksgiving evening to visit. Kellye had already seen the babies, but her mom wanted to see them. They brought us some of Mrs. Beth's chocolate cake, and it was GREAT!!!!!! I enjoyed it so much.

Margaret came yesterday. We tried to get out yesterday afternoon to do a little shopping, but the weather was aweful. Then when we got to Target, everything I wanted was gone. Oh well for that!!!!!!

Last night we skipped the 8:00 feeding and I was in bed and asleep before 8:00. It felt pretty good!!!!! Tonight I think we are going to skip it again and go out to eat and to a movie! WOW! I guess we better enjoy it while we can (even though we are going to see James Bond).

Brent will leave tomorrow, and I will be alone for a few days. Don't feel sorry for me; I think I want a little time alone before we go home. This will probably be the last time for me to spend some alone time for a while.

Please continue to pray for progress, and for the other babies here. They have told one mother that there isn't anything else they can do for her child. I feel so sorry for her. Then there is another family that was suppose to go home Monday, but can't because the baby had an apnea spell during the night. How frustrating!!!!! The gloomy days really don't help moods and emotions either, maybe the sun will come out soon.

We love and miss you all...... and hope to see you soon!
Brent, Jessica, Reid and Rylee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are trying to get out and do something for yourselves now and then. Your babies need you to take care of you as well as you take care of them.
I'm glad you have had a long weekend with Brent.
Love you and will be praying for you all.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that you would be able to go home by the end of next week - maybe the "little ones" will turn into "little piggies" and gain weight and eat better and that still can happen.

You won't have to worry about help - once you get home - you will probably have to run people off. Ha Especially Patsy and Margaret.

BJ said...

Hey sweetie, I'm so glad to see that ya'll are doing ok. I'm even more glad to hear that ya'll are getting outside of the hospital and RMH and enjoying some quality time together. Always try to make time for you and Brent, even when there seems to be none. I promise it will help! I know without a doubt that one day very soon you are going to be posting the blog that you are going home. These setbacks are for a reason and you wouldn't want them home before they are trully ready and have to go back. I love you and continue to pray for you.
Bethany
p.s. make sure you check your mailbox this week :)