Tuesday, November 11, 2008
2 Weeks Old!
It is hard to believe that they have been here two weeks! But then some days it feels like we have been here forever! For the babies, today was a great day!!!! They were both being fed over 2 hour intervals, then resting for an hour. Today, they both went to 30 minute intervals with 2 1/2 hour rest time. This is a HUGE step!!!! Neither one of them had residual the last 3 feedings, which is amazing with them being fed this fast. The next feeding step will be a bottle, but we don't know when. Knock on hard wood, neither one has had a breathing spell in over 36 hours!!!! Cross your fingers that this continues. Reid was taken off his IV today... so neither one of them has an IV now. Reid is taking 23 cc's and Rylee is taking 21 cc's. Rylee lost a little weight since she was taken off IV, and she now weighs 3 pounds 6 ounces. Reid will lose a little since he is off the IV now, but today he weighs a big 3 pounds 11 ounces. They are really growing! Rylee has learned to scoot up to the top of her bed to sleep... her PawPaw calls her Scooter. Mom says she is looking for Reid. They have both learned how to roll their head from side to side, and Reid can roll from his back to his side. They are amazing!!!
My sister and niece left today. It was nice to spend time with them, and they were both a big help while they were here. Mom came back and will stay until Friday, when Brent comes. At times I think I'm ready to be alone some, but I quickly change my mind when things don't go so well. I'm glad to have Mom back here, and I look foward to every Friday when Brent comes!
I have some more pictures to post, but the internet is going in and out, so I will wait until tomorrow!
Pray that they both continue to do so well with their feedings and breathing!!! Both of these are the key to us coming home. I have had several people ask me when we will come home, and that is not even being discussed yet. Because so many babies experience set backs every day, all they can tell you is around "your due date." My actual due date is January 3.... so that is all I can tell you. Pray that they keep progressing, and maybe we will be home before Christmas. I will not let myself think we will be home any sooner, because I don't want to be disappointed.
Thank you all for your love and support. I'm amazed daily at the support God provides for me. I trust God with all my heart, and he is not going to present me with any problem I can't get through with his support. He has given me so many people in my life to help during this time. I will have to write another day about the support and love we have received from people we don't even know! It's pretty amazing.
Goodnight, We love you!
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
They are so precious.
I know you are glad your Mom is there.
Get some rest.
Love ya
Barbara
You are doing great! Always knew you would! We love you and pray for all ya'll.
Love you,
Janet
PRAISE THE LORD. BABIES LOOKING GOOD AND WE ARE SO THANKFUL FOR THE PROGRESS THEY ARE MAKING. MAY THE LORD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU ALL AND HELP YOU FACE THE CHALLENGES OF THE DAY. LOVE NELMA
What a journey? We are praying for you everyday -- they are so precious!!
Jeff and Beth Peeples
They are doing some amazing things at two weeks!!!!! That is awesome!!! GO BLOCKER BABIES!!! Every time I read your blog sometimes I am not sure which emotion to do... cry for joy or laugh and smile from sweet little faces of those two precious things!!!! I am so thrilled for yall!!!!! I get so excited to read about their updates!!!! I am contiunously praying for the twins and for you and Brent! You both have such a strong wills and together its amazing!!! Just stay strong, lean on each other, and lean on God!!! He is there!!!! You four make the most amazing little family!!!!!!!! I love yall so much and miss yall terribly!! I cant wait to see yall1!!!!!
Post a Comment