and Rylee scooted until she found Reid, then went to sleep.The past two days have been pretty good. Both of them are catching on to bottles a little better. They have a few good feedings, then they will have one that isn't so great. The strange thing is whatever one does, the other does. If one eats 20 cc's, the other is close behind. It is crazy. We have not had a feeding yet where they were totally different! They are always a few cc's apart.
You can see in the pictures above that they still have a bond after being apart for 27 days. Rylee would not stop scooting when I was holding them. I straightened her up a few times, then I just let her squirm. Once she found Reid, she was happy. They both squeeked a little, then went right to sleep. It was precious!
Rylee is one ounce from being the magical 4 pounds!!!!! Reid is about 2 ounces behind her. They are doing great!!!! Reid did have a breathing spell Saturday night, but he hasn't had one since. Hopefully we are past that!
One nurse mentioned that she is pushing for us to go upstairs, which is where the "well baby" nursery is. It is the regular nursery for newborns. I don't think we will go up there until they are both out of the incubators and in cribs, which should happen by the end of this week if they keep gaining weight.
If things continue to go the way they are, we should be home by the end of next week. Right now my main concern with going home is one baby getting out before the other. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but I don't want to leave the hospital with one baby and leave the other there. Pray that they will continue to do great, and hopefully go home at the same time.
Reid is still having a little trouble eating compared to Rylee. He can eat as much as her, it just takes him longer. That presents a problem when you have a nurse that "times" how long they eat. Some of the nurses will not let them have more than 20 minutes, and some won't give them more than 30. That is hard for Reid because he is a slow eater. It just takes him longer, and when they rush you, he doesn't do as well. Pray that he will pick up a little, so he can catch up on weight. Two ounces doesn't seem like a large amount, but it is HUGE when it determines going home!
Brent went back Sunday, and Mom came here. I thought she was waiting until Monday, but that shows what I know! Brent will be back Wednesday, and Mom is staying until Thursday. Margaret is planning on coming for the day Friday. I'm not sure what else this week will bring. Leslie and the kids are suppose to come one day. I know that Walt and Matt are planning on coming Saturday, and I think that is when Sulee and Brian plan on coming. We should have quite a few visitors this week.
Thank you so much for all the prayers, messages, and comments! It feels so good to know how many people are praying for us. Prayer is the only thing that has gotten us this far. I am amazed daily to find out how many people are praying, and the majority I don't even know personally. Our God is AWESOME, and he is showing me his power daily. I feel his presence when I am sitting there holding those two sweet angels. No other word can describe the two of them..... My Personal Angels!
With love,
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee
You can see in the pictures above that they still have a bond after being apart for 27 days. Rylee would not stop scooting when I was holding them. I straightened her up a few times, then I just let her squirm. Once she found Reid, she was happy. They both squeeked a little, then went right to sleep. It was precious!
Rylee is one ounce from being the magical 4 pounds!!!!! Reid is about 2 ounces behind her. They are doing great!!!! Reid did have a breathing spell Saturday night, but he hasn't had one since. Hopefully we are past that!
One nurse mentioned that she is pushing for us to go upstairs, which is where the "well baby" nursery is. It is the regular nursery for newborns. I don't think we will go up there until they are both out of the incubators and in cribs, which should happen by the end of this week if they keep gaining weight.
If things continue to go the way they are, we should be home by the end of next week. Right now my main concern with going home is one baby getting out before the other. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but I don't want to leave the hospital with one baby and leave the other there. Pray that they will continue to do great, and hopefully go home at the same time.
Reid is still having a little trouble eating compared to Rylee. He can eat as much as her, it just takes him longer. That presents a problem when you have a nurse that "times" how long they eat. Some of the nurses will not let them have more than 20 minutes, and some won't give them more than 30. That is hard for Reid because he is a slow eater. It just takes him longer, and when they rush you, he doesn't do as well. Pray that he will pick up a little, so he can catch up on weight. Two ounces doesn't seem like a large amount, but it is HUGE when it determines going home!
Brent went back Sunday, and Mom came here. I thought she was waiting until Monday, but that shows what I know! Brent will be back Wednesday, and Mom is staying until Thursday. Margaret is planning on coming for the day Friday. I'm not sure what else this week will bring. Leslie and the kids are suppose to come one day. I know that Walt and Matt are planning on coming Saturday, and I think that is when Sulee and Brian plan on coming. We should have quite a few visitors this week.
Thank you so much for all the prayers, messages, and comments! It feels so good to know how many people are praying for us. Prayer is the only thing that has gotten us this far. I am amazed daily to find out how many people are praying, and the majority I don't even know personally. Our God is AWESOME, and he is showing me his power daily. I feel his presence when I am sitting there holding those two sweet angels. No other word can describe the two of them..... My Personal Angels!
With love,
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee




7 comments:
Jessica,I have been looking all day for an update and glad to see one. the babies look so cute in their pretty outfits sleeping together like that. I was not too pleased to read about the nurse that wouldn't let Reid take his time and finish. He will never gain weight like that. May the Lord continue to bless all of you. love Nelma
What wonderful pictures. They look so good and bigger since I saw them.
Your Mom is very proud of you and how you have managed all of this.
Maybe those mean nurses will take a few days off so Reid can eat.
Love ya
Barbara
I Love love love the outfits!!! They look a little different with clothes on!!! But they are looking awesome!!! I think its so funny that the entire time the twins were in your tummy Rylee always kicked Reed.. and now she wants to be right beside him!!! They have an awesome bond!!! Keep staying strong!!!! I am so excited about the new progress!!! I love yall and miss yall!!!!!
GOD IS SO GOOD, AND HE JUST CONTINUES TO BLESS YOU AND THE TWO PRECIOUS MIRACLES HE HAS GIVEN YOU AND BRENT. I SEE HIS STRENGTH IN YOU AND KNOW YOU FEEL IT. PRAISE HIM. YOU ARE SO SWEET TO BLESS ALL OF US WITH YOU WONDERFUL UPDATES, I KNOW IT TAKES YOUR TIME AND ENERGY TO DO THIS FOR ALL OF US, BUT I REALLY DO THANK YOU FOR EACH ONE. I CONTINUE TO LIFT YOU UP TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOR. LOVE IN HIS NAME, MARTHA
Jessica, Brent, Reid, & Rylee,
We continue to pray for you every day and we look for the updates. Those little angels look beautiful and great! I hope that you get a nurse that gives Reid some slack soon - I know that has to be frustrating!
The Swaffords
We were so excited to hear the news about them maybe going up to the well baby nursery. We've been keeping everyone in our prayers and will add one that Reid eat like a little piggy and catch up with Riley. I've hoped they would be home by your c-section date and looks like they may if not sooner, isn't God AMAZING. I wish Memphis wasn't so far away, I've wanted to be more help. Maybe after everyone is home and settled in I can. I went to Deb-n-Heir that shop I told you about to see if they had x-mas smocking day gowns, they did have outfits but nothing under 6 mths. I put them each a day gown, socks, and leather crib shoes in lay-away that aren't x-mas but are precious and can't wait to bring them and their x-mas presents down. I'm not excited about being an Aunt or anything am I? Anyway if I can do anything before we get back down I'm just a call or text away.
As always with love,
Sis and Megan
Jessica,
You all look GREAT - I'm sure you are looking forward to bringing the babies home. Great news - no tubes, hooked up to wires or anything and they have been moved to well baby unit - what more could you be Thankful for on Thanksgiving? God Bless you all are still in our prayers.
Carolyn P
Post a Comment