Monday, November 17, 2008

Days 19 and 20

First off..... You will have to forgive me for no pictures tonight, but I promise some tomorrow. The camera is out in my car, and right now that seems like a really long way! We have had a really busy few days, but I think things are calming down.

The babies are doing very good! Rylee has the bottle down pat, but Reid still has a little work to do. Reid finally made it over the ONE OUNCE mark per feeding!!!! Rylee should be over an ounce tomorrow. They are continuing to gain a little weight; Reid weighs 3 pounds 10 ounces and Rylee weighs 3 pounds 9 ounces.

Our goals right now are to continue to gain weight; we have to weigh 4 lbs to go home. Also we need to increase our feeding amounts and bottles per day. For now, they are both only getting one bottle a day. Thank God, we have not had any breathing spells in a while, and please pray that continues.

Yesterday I went home for the first time... well, I went to Benoit. I didn't go to my house. For some reason that is still hard; I don't want to see the nursery without babies. Maybe I will get out of that.... but we'll see. The ladies from the church had a shower for us, and it was WONDERFUL! I will post pictures of that also. The babies got so many clothes!!!!! They also got their double stroller and lots of other fun stuff!!!!!! The theme was Noah's Ark, since they came "two by two." I am so appreciative of the ladies that did that for me!

Today I went shopping for some of the things I didn't get at the shower that I will need when we get home. That was fun... but money goes fast when you are shopping for 2! I bought an infant bathtub, bottle warmers, car seat toys, and a few more random things. I can't wait to do that again.

A RMH update.... Thursday is World Children's Day. Every Value Meal that is purchased Thursday will donate $1 to the RMH. So if you are able, please eat at a McDonald's Thursday! This is obviously a very big day for the RMH's around the country.... tomorrow is our big day. The actual owners of McDonald's will be here to visit with us tomorrow. We will have breakfast with them in the morning. The Event Coordinator asked me if I would do an interview with the TV station in the morning. So I may be a TV star tomorrow. I'll have to let you know how that goes. But please spread the word to everyone to eat at McDonald's this Thursday.

An update on me, since I have received several e-mails and texts about my health. Things are getting better, but I have learned they have to get worse before they can get better. I don't want to be too informative, so I will give you the general info. The best thing is that I have not had fever since Saturday. By Saturday night my milk production on one side was decreasing greatly and yesterday I didn't hardly have any production from that side. A lactation consultant referred me to a Dr. here that specializes in breastfeeding. Long story short, the Dr. is out of the office and is the only one in the state!!!! But the nurse was very nice to me and called the Dr explaining my situation. The Dr. told her what to tell me, and I didn't even have to pay for a Dr.'s visit. They recommended two herbal vitamins that you purchase over the counter. One is to open the ducts back up that are clogged, and the other is to thin the milk and increase production. This should take a few days to get going. The most important thing is that I feel SO much better! Keep praying for progress.

I PROMISE to post pictures after our big morning tomorrow!

Continue to pray for all of us, and the other babies here. One is getting to go home tomorrow, which is WONDERFUL to see. Another had a major heart surgery this morning, but he is doing very good! I could go on and on with stories of "our" other babies. You get attached to the other families here and feel like they are a part of you.

Goodnight, We love you!
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the herbal rememdy helps.
I can tell how happy Pappie was to hold, feed and change her grandchild tonight.
I am SO excited they are gaining weight.
Watching for you on TV!!
Love ya
Barbara