Monday, November 3, 2008

6 Days Old

Reid without oxygen! Wide awake after bath time.


Don't tell me she's not a Princess!





This will probably be rather short, because I want to get pictures and videos uploaded for Brent while I have internet. But once I get started, it's hard to stop.

We woke up to very good news today. Reid was taken off the ventilator last night and Rylee received a new IV in her foot, instead of her scalp. When I got there this morning, they had put him back under the blue light for jaundice. They think he will only need that for 24 hours or so, let's pray that is right. Both babies increased on feedings today. Reid went from 2 cc's to 4 cc's, and Rylee went from 5 to 6.8 cc's. I know they are going to increase Rylee again tomorrow if she tolarates today's increase. I'm not sure about Reid, since he has had problems with digestion so far. He did very good today with residual, only had a few traces and they were milky, which means he is digesting, just a little slow.

I have found my favorite time of day to go see them. If I go around 7:30 at night, the new nurses have come on duty and they are doing nightly duty on each baby. They change their tubes, wash them off a little, weigh them, and change their diapers. They have to take Rylee out of her incubator to weigh her, so I get to see her without any tubes and bare bottomed. Tonight when the nurse put her on the scale, she didn't put her on the clean diaper straight and she peed EVERYWHERE! Both of them had dirty diapers today, which is another great sign of digestion and feeding progress.

Reid was having a little trouble breathing tonight, but it is because of the light being on him and being closed up in the incubator. He was overheated and that was causing him to breathe a little faster than he should. Once the nurse washed him down and lowered the temp in the incubator, he did much better.

Pray that he levels out on his breathing so they don't have to put him back on oxygen. We have done too well to go back now. Rylee weighed 3 pounds tonight, and Reid weighed 3 pounds 2 ounces. Pray we can keep increasing feedings, and gaining weight.

I am pretty tired today, but think it is because of a busy and emotional weekend. We have company coming Wednesday, so I will probably take it easy tomorrow. My incision has hurt more today than it has, but hopefully that will slowly get better. Pray for a speedy recovery on my part. I can tell today that I am starting to become a little exhausted. I'm getting up at least twice a night to pump, and I think all the excitement is starting to wear down.

I have temporarly found a place in the RMH that I can get internet. So if this chair will continue to pick it up, I may have a new favorite place to sit. I will update tomorrow. Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts! Please keep it up, that is what has gotten us this far.

Love,
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHH, Just wait, Tia is gonna spoil those little ones... When do I get to babysit? Annslie can play dress up with those little dolls! See ya Wed, XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start my day.
Those babies are so beautiful and I am so proud of all of you.

Love ya
Barbara

Anonymous said...

YEAAAh! Both babies have tummy time now! That is fantastic! They are both the cutest things. And goodness they really do look alot alike. Both gorgeous, just like their mom!(and strong too)Can't wait to see you!

BJ said...

It's been a few days since I was able to check the blog, but I was so happy when I saw the pictures and read the updates. The miracles are looking awesome! I continue to lift all of you up in prayer and hope to be able to come and see you soon. I'm trying to work it out between my work schedule, Steve's, and MJ's therapy! I continue to lift you up in my prayers multiple times daily. Mom sends her love and prayers as well.
Love you all,
Bethany

Dickinson said...

We have enjoyed reading and keeping up with your new babies as well. It sounds like things are progressing. We will pray for your babies. Thanks so much for your prayers for ours.

Anonymous said...

Jessica!!! Looks like things are coming along great for those precious babies! I've been praying for them and you & Brent! Love, Dana

Anonymous said...

Jess they are absolutely gorgeous!!! They are so bright eyed!!!!! I am so glad each day has new acheivements!!!!! They have the will of their mommy!! And the strength of both mommy and daddy!!! I miss you so much!!! I cant wait to see yall!!!! Tell them that their "adoptive" aunt kellye loves them and cant wait to meet them!!!!! I love you!!!