Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lots of Love

Daddy, Mommy, and Rylee


Today was a day where you really get to see and feel how much people love you. We knew that Margaret and Brooke were coming, but were surprised when we had two more sets of visitors come. My Grandma, Aunt Net, and Uncle Charles came to see us, and Aunt Net brought her DELICIOUS caramel cake!!! That was unexpected. Then we got a call that Brent's Aunt Jenny and Uncle Joe had come all the way from Camden, AL to see us! They brought the babies each a sleeper and fuzzy, soft blanket. That was really a surprise! I had no clue they were coming, and we really don't get to see them enough. Margaret took us out to lunch, then to Babies R Us to get the babies a few things, along with Mommy. We bought the babies more receiving blankets, so they have their own bedding. I also got them some cute little hats so at least they have something of their own to wear. Reid can't wear his yet because of the oxygen, but hopefully Rylee will get to wear one tomorrow. It is fun getting new things for them.... but I told Brent I was ready to get cute clothes and fun stuff; but that will be a while!

Baby Update..... because I know that is why you all check this. Not to hear about Mommy's fun shopping. When we got there today Rylee was on her tummy!!!! Her first day of tummy time, and she LOVED it!!!! She was content all day long. I finally got to pat that little bottom, and it was wonderful! She continues to do well with her breathing and eating, and we pray this continues.





Reid had a great day without residual, the milk that does not digest properly. However, tonight when we went, they had pulled 3 cc's of residual and it was a little green. But for the most part, he had a very good day of feeding. He remains on oxygen, but they may try to lower it tomorrow or Monday. The boy absolutly LOVES his daddy!!!! He responds to Brent's voice almost every time! Tonight he was a little tired, and didn't respond much to either of us, but he had a busy day. Brent figured out that if he puts his hand under both of Reid's feet, he will push back. Please pray hard for our little guy. We need the residual to stop, and him to begin breathing all on his own. He is strong, and we know that.... he's just having a little harder time than Rylee.

We are settled in the Ronald McDonald House, and it really is a home away from home. This morning when I got up, I had coffee with several other mother's of sick infants or newborns. There are so many other families that are going through was we are, or worse. I find strength in looking at some of these other families and what they have already gone through. Brent and I were talking tonight about how lucky we are right now; we are just waiting on progress. Some of these babies have gone through numerous surgeries and are living hour by hour. We keep reminding ourselves that we may see set backs, and if that happens, we will take it a day at a time. Pray for our strength. We will need it in the many weeks ahead.

As far as a "Mommy Update," today was a better day than yesterday! But tomorrow is going to be very difficult, so please lift me up continuously tomorrow. Mom is coming to spend a few nights with me, but I'm just not ready for Brent to leave. He has been my rock through this all, and I'm going to hate to see him go. He is the one that asks all the questions when we see the babies, and keeps up with the different levels on everything. He is the one that gets all the storage containers ready for milk at all hours of the night. He will leave tomorrow afternoon and be back sometime Friday. Friday already can't come quick enough. At the same time, I'm ready to see my mom! I'm sure we will have a great time together, and there is no one like a Mom at a time like this!

I can't thank everyone enough for your prayers and thoughts. You have no idea what a feeling it gives you to know how many people are praying for you. There are times in the day where I think "I don't know what to pray or say," but knowing that all of you are praying gets me through it. I am going to post some pictures from today for you all to enjoy, and I'm also putting the address to the Ronald McDonald House. I have had several people e-mail me wanting to know if we can get mail. I will update tomorrow. Thanks again!

Love always,
Brent, Jessica, Reid, and Rylee

Brent and Jessica Blocker
c/o Ronald McDonald House Rm. 4
2524 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39216



Mae Mae and Reid



Aunt Brooke and Reid



My Sleeping Princess

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

back home from starkville, so glad to hear the answer to our prayers friday for you, will be lifting you up today, so good to see the babies and know God is strengthing them hour by hour, praise be to Him. love martha

Anonymous said...

Those babies are so cute.
My prayers are with you and Brent as he has to leave.
Love ya
Godmother Barbara

Anonymous said...

JESSICA AND BRENT, SO HAPPY TO SEE THE UPDATES AND GET A PROGRESS REPORT. WE CERTAINLY HAVE YOU ALL IN OUR PRAYERS AND WE PRAY FOR STRENGTH FOR RAYLEE AND REID AS WELL AS FOR YOUR HEALING, JESSICA. SO GLAD YOU, BRENT ,CAN BE THERE SO MUCH. I HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART FOR TWINS, BECAUSE I,NELMA, AM ONE. MAY THE LORD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU.

Anonymous said...

THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS. I HAVE LOOKED AT THE PICTURES ON NELMA'S COMPUTER AND READ THE DAILY REPORTS. LOVE YOU ALL MEEMAW