Today has been the longest day so far! Let's see.. where do I start? I found out first thing this morning that I could be discharged today, but they would keep me if we didn't get into the Ronald McDonald House. After several discussions, we decided we would get released and if we didn't get in today, we would just go to a hotel. I called and checked on the babies and found out that Reid had a small set back during the night. Basically what was happening was his food was not digesting properly. They had stopped his feedings and were going to do an abdominal x-ray this morning. Once we got down there later, the x-ray had come back clear and they were ready to start him on feedings again. He is still having a little residual, which is the milk that doesn't digest, but they are not concerned because he is having bowel movements and his gastric sounds are good. He actually had a bowel movement for his daddy today! Way to go Reid!!!! So for now, he is back on feedings, still on a little oxygen, and had his naval line removed today.
Now for Ms. Rylee; the Princess of halloween! Rylee still continues to make progress! Her only set back is that she was put under a light also for Jaundice. She is still breathing on her own, and was moved from 3cc's per feeding up to 4 cc's today. I am so proud of her! For her we will pray that her feedings continue to go well, and that she continues to breathe on her own.
Now for my update. We have prayed and prayed, along with everyone else that we would get into the ROnald McDonald House. We got a call this morning that the two rooms that came open went to families before us, but we were next on the list. I was getting discharged when we got the call that we had a room. At first I was so relieved, but then the emotions of leaving the babies at the hospital set in. I was not prepared to leave my children at a hospital. I wanted them to leave with me. When Brent put me in the car I saw the 2 empty carseats in the back, and that was not easy. When you leave the hospital after labor and delivery, the babies are suppose to go with you. So that started my spell. We got to the RMH and were checking in and found out there is not wireless internet. Also there is no use of tobacco anywhere on this property, and all I could think is my husband is just going to have to sneak around! After all his love and support, I WILL NOT tell him he can't dip. We'll just take our own trash out of the room. The house is very nice, and well equipped. The kitchen is fabulous. But as the lady was giving us the tour, I was tired, starting to hurt, and busted out crying in the kitchen. I have been very emotional ever since. Mom saysI will look back and laugh at this. I hope she's right. Poor Brent tries so hard to comfort me, but there is nothing worse than the "baby blues!" I think he actually understands that I don't have a reason for crying... it just happens. This is just not how I had planned for my delivery to happen, and I don't like it when things don't go as planned.
My dad came todayand brought me clothes and other things, since all I had was PJ's. It was good to see him. He went to eat our first meal out of the hospital with us, and we ran to Target. While at Chili's, I had another small spell. There was a man, a lady, and a small boy probably 5 years old. THe boy had already cried because he hit his head. He said something smart to the man, so the man reached over and hit the child across his head. I wanted to tell him how lucky he was to have that child sitting at that table with him. Some people don't understand how precious it is to have a child in your presence. Throughout the entire meal he fussed at that child for every little thing. I teared up thinking what I would give to have my children sitting at the table with us. Please hug and kiss your children if you have them, and know how lucky you are to have them at your fingertips!
When we got back to the RMH, Brent decided to try the internet again. It is not wireless through the house, but we are picking up internet from the Medical Center. It goes in and out constantly, but it is internet. Brent said I may only be able to access it at night, and it is touch and go then. It has taken me almost and hour to type this because it doesn't keep up. I am going to try to post the videos from today, but it might not happen with this internet.
Margaret and Brooke are coming tomorrow, and I don't know who is more excited. Margaret to see the babies, or us to see her. THen my mom is coming Sunday and is going to spend a few days with me since Brent is leaving Sunday. I can't drive for 2 weeks, and since I'm so emotional, she wants to be with me when Brent leaves.
If the internet allows, I will update tomorrow. Please continue to pray for all of us!!! I have personally never needed it more.
With much love and thanks,
Brent, Jessica, Reid, and Rylee
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am so proud of how the twins are doing! You definetly have the baby blues and it will all pass. You are one of the strongest people I know. The video of Reid sneazing is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. I know to her little things like that is just music to your ears. I am obsessed with the blog and can't wait to see what is going on everyday. Like I said if you need anything just let me know. I will be down next week!
Love Lots!
Searcy
I am so proud of you! The babies are absolutely beautiful and it sounds like they are both fighters which is great. I know it must be hard to leave them. I can only imagine how you are feeling. Please know that we are praying for you all. Aaron is blowing lots of kisses to the babies. Hope to see ya'll soon.
Love and prayers,
Melissa U
Those babies are something else.
They are beautiful. I am so proud of you and of Brent.
You know you have the strength and you will make it through this and your babies know you love them and that always gives them strength.
I love you and think and pray for you, Brent, Rylee, Reid and your Mom and rest of the family.
Love ya
Barbara
Post a Comment