Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trying Something New

I wanted to find a way to keep everyone updated on our pregnancy, and this site seems to be easy to use. I will update the site weekly for now, since that is how often we are going to the doctor. As of right now things are pretty good. Some of you may not know that we spent the weekend in the hospital last weekend with contractions, but came home Sunday. They ran a test called Fetal Fibronection, which detects a fluid leading to labor in the next 7-10 days. When the test came back negative, they knew the contractions were not actually labor.

I am still having contractions, but they are not concerned with this since I am not dilating. My ankles and feet have become very swollen during the past week, but today when I got up they were not as bad.

I am 30 weeks now, and everyday is a gift from God. I'm so glad to get up in the mornings, and glad to get in MY bed at night. The babies both weighed around 2lbs 11 oz each, as of last Sunday. Our original goal was to make it to 36 weeks, but Dr. Balthrop doesn't think I will make it that long. She is thinking it will be more like 33 weeks. I am determined to prove her wrong. This may be one time in my life that being hardheaded will pay off!!

As of work, yes I am still working. People are amazed by that and can't believe I am still working. Dr Balthrop said I could continue to work as long as I stay in my classroom and sit most of the day. I actually think that is why I am swelling as much as I am. I turned in Nov. 14 as my last day, unless Dr. Balthrop sends me home before then. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to carry these babies a little longer.

I have another appointment Wednesday, October 29 at 4:00 and will post after that. I am in the process of figuring out how I will let everyone know if we go to the hospital again, since the hospital doesn't have wireless.

Please pray that I will carry these babies longer than 33 weeks, and especially that they will gain as much weight as possible during these next few weeks. I can't stand the thought of them having to go to Memphis or Jackson without me. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and messages.

4 comments:

foroonsyne said...

What precious little miracles you have been given!! Jessica and Brent, many, many prayers are being lifted up each day for you and your family. You are not alone in this journey. Madge

foroonsyne said...

What precious little miracles you have been given!! Jessica and Brent, know that many, many prayers are being lifted up. You are not alone on this journey. Madge

Anonymous said...

God is soooo good. Your babies are so sweet. He will give them what they need. We love you and are praying for your sweet family.

Kelly Polson and Family

Morgan said...

Hey Mrs.Blocker!You have 2 cute babies and they are so small! I hope they are okay.We miss you at school and everybody thinks just cause you are not here that they can talk.Well I will talk to you later. BYE!
Love,
Morgan Horne

P.S. I hope Reid and Ryley are okay!