A week ago today I went to the doctor and they told me that I could probably work two more weeks, then I would probably be put on bed rest. Reid had other plans... For those of you that have not heard, we had quite an eventful, yet stressful Monday!
Monday afternoon I got home from work and was going to put the electric blanket on our bed, since it was going to get cold that night. I went to open the blinds in the bedroom and felt a slight gush. At first I thought I peed on myself, but after two more large gushes I realized what was happening. My water had broken at 30 weeks and 1 day! Brent was on a fire call, my mom had jury duty and was locked up in Rosedale, but thank God for a Mother-in-Law!!!! I called Margaret crying hysterically and she came right over. We called the doctor and she told us to go straight to the emergency room in Clarksdale. We finally got Brent on the phone, he loaded me up and off we went.
I have never been too keen on my husbands lights and sirens on his truck, but Monday they were my best friend. Brent turned on the lights, sirens, and drove around 80 to Clarksdale. We went straight to the emergency room, got checked in, and they moved me upstairs. They checked me and I was dilated 1 cm. Reid's sack was grossly ruptured and he was ready! They started me out on magnesium to slow the contractions down until they decided what they were going to do. Once Dr. Balthrop told me the babies would probably have to be transported after delivery, I lost it! She looked at me and said, "I can't imagine being a new mom and sending my new babies off.... Let me send you to Jackon." I totally trust this woman with everything in me, and trusted her judgement. Within what felt like minutes I was in an ambulance and off to Jackson. The ride was TERRIBLE!!!! Every bump brought on a contraction and they got pretty strong!
Once we got to Jackson, they checked me and I was dilated to a 3. The resident that checked me didn't hook me back up to magnesium because she didn't want to stop labor, but wanted to see how far and fast I would progress on my own. After about an hour they checked me again and I was dilated at 5. There was no stopping it, and we were having those babies that night. By this time, it was actually probably Tuesday morning, or very close. They began prepping me for surgery and took me off pretty quick.
Reid was born at 1:46 A.m. weighing 3 lbs 4 oz, and Rylee was born at 1:47 A.M weighing 3 lbs even. I didn't get to see them or touch them, and that was hard. They took them into a small room behind me, and I did hear both of them cry. They immediatly sent them both to the NICU and we are still there. Reid was very bruised when he was born, but is looking MUCH better!! Today's great news is that when I called to check on them this morning, Rylee is breathing on her own! They took the vent tube out sometime during the night. They both received their first feeding this afternoon by tube and took it well.
Prayer requests for today: 1) That Rylee will continue to breathe on her own. 2) That Reid will be taken off, when HE is ready. 3) That they will both continue to feed well 4) That we get accepted to the Ronald McDonald House tomorrow if I am discharged.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Loved the video! My thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time.
The videos are great. Love ya'll so much .
thank you for the pictures and update, now i have faces to pray over for they are two miracles from God, i lift up praise to Him for them and will continue to pray for you, brent, reid and rylee, God bless you, martha
I finallllly get to see my babies! I cant wait to get my hands on them. I love you guys! Tia and Bugs
that has blessed my heart tonight!!! They are so precious!!!! I am so glad you were able to show them off to the world!!! I cant wait to see you and the twins soon!!! I love yall and are praying!!!
Oh Jessica, the videos are wonderful, Thanks for posting them. I can't wait to see and touch my great niece and nephew! We have been and will continue to be praying for all of you. He is holding you tight in His wonderful and mighty hands. We will see you soon. We love you very much!
Those are the most beautiful babies. I told you two weeks ago how blessed you were and now god has really proven it to you. I was sick yesterday so I did not come by, but I did talk to your mom. How know exactly what you mean when you said that your mother leaving was hard. I can remember that day. I will be in Jackson again next week so I will come visit. I will talk to you before then and see if there is anything you need before I come. I will continue to pray for you, Brent, Reid, and Rylee. I love you lots! Searcy
What little miracles you have been given!! Jessica and Brent,know you are not alone on this journey. Many,many prayers are being lifted for your family. Madge
Wow!!!! What a testimony to the power of prayer!!! The videos are awesome....God is so good!!! Chris and I will continue to lift all of you up...
I am sitting at my desk with tears happy ones steaming down my face they are so beautiful!!! Aunt Net Love Ya
Aw! I loved the videos Jessica! I am so happy that you put them up! They are so precious! I cant wait to meet them! I will continue praying for you, Rylee, Reid, and Brent!God Bless!
Love Yall,
Tiffany
Ms. S. Howard Said....Prayers changes all things. God is Good and you all are in my prayers. God Bless
Aww, I love the videos! How precious! They are beautiful babies! Thank you for the update. We will continue to pray for ya'll! I can't wait to come see them and you, hopefully it will be soon! I love ya'll so much! Give Brent a hug for me!
YEAH for Riley & Reid!!!!!
So glad they're finally here. Praying for a very safe & healthy next few days & weeks! Rest up momma, you're gonna have fun! :)
This is Mary Clay Kline. Ya'll have been in my prayers and I have told all of my friends to pray for you, Reid, and Rylee. HOpew you continue to do well. God bless!
Post a Comment