Wednesday, November 19, 2008

22 days

Our new room. Reid is by the window and Rylee is by the door.


Mommy holding us for the first time.


Two peas in a pod. We have missed each other for 3 weeks!!!!

They really are tiny in my arms.

Yesterday the babies were 3 weeks old! Time really does fly. I don't feel like they have been here 3 weeks. As far a progress, yesterday really didn't bring anything new. However, it didn't bring anything bad either, and that is wonderful! Everyday without a setback is a HUGE blessing. There have been several babies lately that were told they would be going home soon, then they experience a setback. That is so disappointing.

This morning when I called at 3:30 AM, the nurse told me that they were in the process of moving the babies into the isolation room. It sounds worse than it is. Actually it is a very good thing. There is one room in the NICU where they put twins if both of them are doing good. They are closer, and you get to hold them at the same time in there. So this morning when I got up we rushed to get over there to see there new room. It was great! It's like a private hospital room with 2 babies and a rocking chair. The nurse said she was going to check with the doctor before I held them both at the same time. She also told us that she overheard the Dr. say that if everything continues to go as well as it is, we will go home in around 2 weeks. That is so exciting..... but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up in case we do experience a set back. At our 2:00 visit I got to hold both of my babies at the same time, for the first time in 3 weeks. It was a great feeling that will never be expressed in words. Of course we got lots of pictures.

Tonight we went to feed them at 8:00, and that could have gone better. Last night they both took 15 cc's from bottle. Tonight Reid had a VERY hard time taking his bottle. He wasn't breathing good, he wasn't swollowing good, his alarms kept going off... it was very frustrating for me. He really never did burp good during his feeding, and when he couldn't feed anymore he threw up EVERYTHING he had taken. It was NOT a good night for him or me. After he threw up he was very content and resting good. They both took 11 cc's by bottle, which is less than last night. So in my head, I'm thinking that we are suppose to be getting better at this instead of worse. If it keeps going like this, we can kiss the 2 week goal goodbye.

I also spoke with my lactation consultant back home today since I am still having problems with that. For the next 48 hours I have to pump every 2 hours during the day, and can't be late for those pumpings. I also have to pump at least twice during the night. The goal behind this is to increase my production again. Today I felt like I was either pumping or at the hospital. The two hour schedule is very tiring, but it is worth it if it increases my production again.

My friend, Kellye, came to visit today. She brought the babies the cutest bunny and bear. She also brought Reid "My First Toolbox" and Rylee "My First Purse." They are precious. For Mommy, she brought 4 adorable MSU Christmas Ornaments. It is nice to have people visit from home.

My dad also came today. He is spending the night. It had been long enough since he had seen the babies, and he couldn't take it anymore. He will go back home tomorrow.

While I am thinking about it, I want to tell everyone how much I enjoy the comments. It is great to see who is following us, but even better to know who all is praying for us. I thank the Lord for each of you that continue to pray for us. Keep the comments coming, they are motivational.

Prayer Request: 1) For both babies to do better feeding tomorrow, and for Reid to keep his down. 2) That everything will continue to go as well as it has so we can go home in 2 weeks. 3) That my production will pick back up. 4) I want to request prayer for my cousin, Rebekah. She had a spell over the weekend where she went blank and couldn't do anything. They are running tests on her. 5) For my nerves to settle down. Between pumping every 2 hours, and Reid not doing good tonight, I'm very frustrated and nervous.

Tomorrow is a new day, and it will bring new adventures and we will make new memories.

With love,
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
How wonderful for Reid and Rylee to have their own room together.
Imagine what they talk about when you're not around.
Reid is probably trying to adjust to his new "digs" and will do better tomorrow.
You are working hard to take care of those precious bundles.
Love ya,
Barbara

Anonymous said...

JESSICA, I AM PRAYING FOR YOU BRENT AND MOST OF ALL, THE PRECIOUS BABIES. I FOUND OUT THAT I COULD CLICK ON THE PICTURES AND MAKE THEM LARGER. WHAT A THRILL TO SEE YOU ALL CLOSE UP. I PRAY THAT REID WILL GET BETTER WITH HIS FEEDING AND THAT YOU ,JESSICA, WILL GET THE REST YOU NEED. LOVE NELMA

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
I am so glad the babies are doing well. I will definetly keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
I know how hard it is to see them in there, but they will get better and be home with you soon.
Love,
Meggan Lee Nix

Anonymous said...

Caca, just wated you to know that I am thinking about you ALOT today and want you to know that I love you and WHATEVER you need, I am here for you. I will talk to you in a little while. Kiss the babies for me! Tell them that Tia is coming next Monday.

xoxoxo to you all!
Les

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess!!!! You & your new babies will be in my prayers from here on out until they are healthy & @ home!!! I will praying for you as well sweetie!!! God bless you & your family!!! I sure do miss you & love you girl!!!!

Love,
Casey (Kuhl) Crisp

Anonymous said...

The pics of them together are adorable!!! We are thinking about yall and praying for yall daily. Campbell includes the Blocker babies in his prayers at night.

love
the towles

Anonymous said...

I had the best day ever!!! Thank you for showing me those beautiful babies!!!!! I am glad I got to spend some time with you and Pappy!!! Just remember if you need anything I will be in Clinton next thursday!! Dont you hesitiate to call me!!!! I love yall and miss yall all ready!!!!