Thursday, November 13, 2008

16 Days

Reid had his first bottle today!


He SCREAMED when I tried to burp him the first time.


Taking your first bottle can wear you out!!!

Rylee posing for her picture.



Tonight may be short also, but today was a good day. I might start posting in the mornings, since by this time of the day I'm exhausted. The big news of the day is that Reid took his first bottle. I didn't get him out of the incubator because that wears them out and they don't have the energy they need to suck the bottle. He did pretty good for the first time. He drank more than 1/2 which is really good. The first time I tried to burp him, he SCREAMED! He had never sat up before, but it was better after that. He choked a little, and that scared him to death. I guess he had no idea what I was doing to him. By the time he drank 1/2 of the bottle, he couldn't stay awake anymore.

Rylee will hopefully get a bottle in the next few days. She is still breathing a little fast. But she had a pretty good day. No spells and she's eating good. She was awake more today than she has been. Since it was such a big day for Reid, I didn't want to take away from Rylee, so I have attached a video of her. Her big day for a bottle will come soon.

Mom plans on leaving tomorrow and Brent is coming for the weekend. I'm SO ready to see Brent, but will once again hate to see Mom leave. Brent will stay to Monday, and after that we will take it a day at a time. Sunday I am going to try to go home for the afternoon, for my Baby Shower in Benoit. Brent will stay here, so I will know someone is close if needed. I have already warned them that if I don't feel comfortable leaving, I won't be there... but as of now I'm going. My Godmother and Godfather from Memphis are coming tomorrow to visit. That will be fun.... now we just have to work on getting Mom's other 2 best friends down here.

Prayers: For Reid to continue progressing with his bottle feedings, and for Rylee to get a bottle. We also need to pray for weight gain. When they switch to bottles, it is common for them to lose weight. I would like you to take a little time to pray for me. I am starting to become pretty exhausted, and was told originally not to pump during the night. I started having some problems and was quickly told I HAVE to pump every three hours, no matter when. So now I'm up every three hours, which is also taking a toll on me. Just pray for strength, energy, and that the problems I am experiencing to subside. Lastly, pray for the other babies in NICU. One has a major test tomorrow regarding his brain, and two others are anxiously awaiting surgery. Pray for the parents of these sick infants. They are even more exhausted than me, which right now I can't imagine. Thank you!

Thank you for all the prayers and support! We love each and everyone of you.
Love,
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see them.

Love ya
Barbara

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB REID!!!!! That is awesome!!!!! I am sure princess is quickly on his heels.... she will get there soon!!!!!! They continue to look precious!! Getting bigger by the day!!!! Get some rest moommy.... take some afternoon mommy naps when the twins are taking theirs!!!! I love yall!!

JERTHE JET said...

Wow! Reid & Reily are beautiful. They chose GREAT parents and we love Pappy and Papa. Book box should be at your house today or tomorrow. Maybe Brent can bring to you!
Prayers and Love,
Jerry and Daudet