Sunday, November 9, 2008

11 & 12 Days Old

This weekend has been very busy! I'm sorry I did not post last night, but after everyone left, we went out to eat, and told the babies goodnight... I was tired!!!!! Margaret, Brooke, and Clay came yesterday. We went out to eat lunch and did a little shopping. It was good to get out. Today, Brent's Aunt Suzanne, Uncle Mike, and Meri Whitney came to see the babies. Then his Aunt Kathie took us out to lunch. Brian and Sulee (friend's from home) came after lunch. My dad came, followed by my sister and niece. It has been a busy weekend.

Brent went home today, and once again that was hard. I don't think that will get any easier. When he got home, he confessed that he almost turned around twice and came back. Next weekend he is going to take Monday off, so he can spend 3 nights. My sister and niece will stay with me until Tuesday, then Mom will come back! I know she is ready, and we are ready to see her!!!!

Let's see about the babies.... Up and down is the best way to describe the past two days. They are both having problems breathing, which is my major concern right now. Reid was suppose to get off caffeine today, but had two spells last night where his breathing either dropped or he stopped. Rylee wasn't far behind... she had a spell late this morning. So they are both still on caffeine, and will be for at least 3 more days. As far as feedings, they continue to increase on that. That is a good thing. They have both had some residual this weekend, but it is from the increased feedings. They haven't learned to digest that much at one time. It will get better.

Probably the best news in the past two days was this morning... we were there when the new doctor's orders came around. Rylee no longer has to have an IV!!!!!! I know she has to be so happy! For the next day or two, they will stick her foot every two hours to check her glucose to see if she is getting everything she needs from the milk. Pray that she tolerates no IV fluids well! Poor thing, she just doesn't do well with IV's. They think Reid will get off his IV in the next 2 days.

The internet is acting up again... so it would not let me post new pictures. I will get up in the morning and try to post some again. It is after 11:00 PM and I HAVE to get to bed!

Prayers: PLEASE pray that their breathing improves. I worry about this non-stop. Also pray that they continue to increase feedings and gain weight! Lastly, I ask that you pray for Brent and I, along with our families. This is all starting to weigh pretty heavy on some of us. We need strength that only our Heavenly Father can give us.

Thank you all again for your love and support!!!
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must be so tired and exhausted from worry but know that we all love you and are praying each day for you, Brent, Reid & Rylee, the grandparents and all the family.
This is a time you have to dwell on the good things and try not to worry. I can't tell you how to do that because I haven't learned that one yet. ha
Love You.
Barbara