Wednesday, November 5, 2008

8 days old


Rylee one week old, sucking thumb


Reid one week old

Today was a good day! Mom and I got up pretty early and I called to check on them. They both had very good nights. That kinda predicts what kind of day you are going to have. We got dressed and headed over to the hospital. Both babies looked really good, and they took Reid off his jaundice light today! Leslie, Annslie, and Mia came for a visit today. It was really good to see them. Annslie wanted to see the babies, and didn't understand why she couldn't. We tried showing her pictures, but in her words, she wanted "to see the WHOLE baby, not a picture." Bless her heart!

Then my Aunt Gaylene, Uncle Jimmy, and Rebekah came. They brought the three of us a bag of our own. It was so cute!!!! Reid and Rylee both got a big overnight bag from LL Bean with their names, and all kinds of goodies in it! Diapers, outfits, shoes, and a whole bunch of other stuff!!! I have them sitting in the floor under the TV so I can stare at them. She brought me "Human Puppy Chow," which is my favorite!!!!!! Chex Mix with peanut butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar. I'm so excited!!!! She also had other little happies in their for me. It's amazing how small things can make your day in times like this!

We all went to lunch, then everyone left. Brent's Aunt Kathie came today and waxed my eyebrows for me! Man, that made me feel like a new woman! I think tomorrow Mom and I are going to look for a place for me to get my nails and toes done. All the stress and exhaustion have caught up, and I need a little something for myself.

Back to the babies.... Tonight when we went to see them, the nurse was putting a new IV in Rylee's scalp. Her other had come loose and was causing her head and eye to swell. Nothing major... but I couldn't watch them start a new IV on her. So we went over to Reid. Reid had a GREAT day!!!!! No spells, and off the light. His feedings went from 5.6 to 7.4 and he didn't have any residual today!! I am so proud of him! He is making so much progress. He now weighs between 3 lbs 3 oz and 3 lbs 4 oz, and so does Rylee! With their weight increasing, we will get to hold them soon. They have to weigh 3 lbs 5 oz. I hope they get their before or during this weekend so their Daddy will be here. Pappie read to both of the babies today, and Reid smiled while she read to him. He is high off caffeine, but she likes to think he is smiling at her. We visited a while with him tonight. Once they got the IV situated on Rylee, she was tired and sleeping very good. I didn't want to bother her since she had been through so much with that IV. Her feedings were increased from 8.6 to 10.8, so she is getting a "big girl" syringe now. The small syringes only go to 10 cc's. She was also taken off lipids today, which means she is getting enough fat from the breastmilk that she doesn't need any extra. I am so proud of both of them!

The videos are from yesterday, which was their one week birthday. Mommy made a big deal out of that.

Please pray that Reid continues to breathe on his own, and continues to not have any residual. He has come so far in 2 days! For Rylee, pray she continues to make great progress, and for the swelling on her eye to go down. I don't like seeing her like this. Also, I don't ask for much prayer for me, but please pray for strength. Like I said earlier, I have felt exhausted the last few days. I need to strength to keep up with them, and provide milk for them.

Thank you so much!
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee

5 comments:

debbie parker said...

Jessica,
Mama just showed me this blog spot. The babies are precious. I can't wait to come see them. If you need anything here in Jackson please call me. We are praying for y'all.
Debbie Parker

Anonymous said...

Oh, so precious. I love them.
You be sure to get those toes and fingers done and pamper yourself. You deserve it.
I know Brent can hardly wait to get back to see them.
Thanks for starting my morning in a great way.
Love You
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi!!! They are so cute. Its the picture of Reid on his side that looks like the Moody side. Love You, Aunt Net

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog everyday!! I love to hear about the twins days!! And even better their progress!!! They are getting stronger by the day.. i think that is the James and Blocker coming out in both of them!! They got that strong will that both you and Brent have!!!! I hope you get to get those nails and toes done today!!! I know that will help you alot!!!!! Please let me know if I can do anything here in Greenville or even in Benoit!!!! I love ya!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Blocker,
Your babies are beautiful!! Looking at your blog brings back so many memories for me and made me cry a time or two. I talked to Mrs. Bullock today at the P.E. training (DSU) and she gave me your blog info. I am so glad you are keeping us posted. It makes me really sad that I didn't get to do these things or camcord while mine were in the NICU. I hope you are doing well and I see that the babies are progressively getting better day by day. That is great! We were in the NICU for 9 1/2 wks. I am not sure if you remember me telling you, but my twins were born at 27 wks and weighed 2.2 and 2.3 lbs. I have been praying for each of you and I will continue to pray for you. I definately know what your are going through and it is not easy but the grace of GOD will take you through all of this. Remember if HE leads us to it, HE will take us through it. God knows what we can handle and he knows what is best. Be strong and know that I am here for you to talk to if you ever need to. I know that it is sooo hard being at the RMH without your little ones. Leaving that hospital empty handed is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do and I am sure it was hard for you too. Mrs. Bullock gave me your number so I will text you my number in case if you ever need someone to talk/cry to. Good luck and may GOD bless each of you!

Leann C. Williams