Wednesday, November 12, 2008

15 days old

Rylee at 15 days

Reid slept a lot again today.

Pappie and Reid having story time.

Pappie and Rylee Tuesday night.


Can you tell their mom is a teacher? All their bedtime story books.

Tonight's blog will be a little short... Mommy is tired! There really wasn't much of a change to report today, other than they were both increased on feedings again today. Reid is at 23 and Rylee is at 25 every 3 hours. That is still under an ounce each every 3 hours. Rylee had a little breathing problem today, but is wasn't apnea, thank God! She was breathing fast because she was hot, which is a good sign. They were able to lower her bed temperature, which means she is regulating her temperature on her own a little better and not relying on the bed to do it for her.

Reid surprised me tonight by peeing all over his bed while I was changing his diaper. I'm sure it won't be the last time. Rylee surprised her day nurse today by scooting all the way to the top of her bed, rolling on her side, and sliding OUT of her diaper. She then peed everywhere! An eventful day for Blocker Baby Diapers!

Mom held Rylee last night and Reid tonight. She read to both of them. Of course she cried, but hasn't stopped talking about it.

Prayers: Please continue to pray that we keep making progress. It has been 48 hours since their last breathing spell!!!! Tonight I want to ask you to please pray for the other babies in the NICU. I have 2 new friends here at the RMH house that are facing surgery in the next week, and one that went through surgery today. You also would be SHOCKED to find out the number of babies that no one comes to see. It breaks my heart everyday. Pray for those babies!!!

All our love,
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee

4 comments:

Janet Horne said...

Way to go Pappie!! Babies look great. Prayers for everyone.
Love,
Janet

Anonymous said...

Pappie and those tears. Tears of joy and love.
See you tomorrow.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I bet pappie is just braggin and braggin and smiling!!!! I can see her now!!!! Get some rest!!!! I love yall!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jess- I always knew you would be a wonderful mother! congrats on two beautiful babies! I will be thinking of yall.
Love- Angela A Boone :)