Thursday, November 20, 2008

23 Days

PawPaw and Reid

PawPaw and Rylee

Way to go Reid!!!!


Rylee has the bottle down pat!


Burping both babies..... they were looking at each other.



Today was somewhat of a better day. Both of them did better with their feedings, and we pray they will continue. The nurse only put 20 cc's in both bottles, so we are not wasting so much milk. Rylee took 18 and Reid took 14. Not a big increase from last night, but they both took it so much better. Hopefully they will continue to take it good and we will start to get more than one bottle a day. That would be wonderful!!!! My dad got to hold both of them for the first time today, but not together.

I am still having to pump every two hours, but my milk production has not increased. If it has still not increased by Monday I am suppose to go see the only Dr. in the state of Mississippi that specializes in breastfeeding.

Mom and Dad will both be going home tomorrow, and Brent will be coming. From what I hear, it is going to be a quiet weekend. To my knowledge no one is coming to visit, but that might change. Next week will be a difficult week I'm sure, with Thanksgiving being Thursday. We will have Thanksgiving dinner here at the house, and I hope to spend most of my day at the hospital with the 2 things I am most thankful for right now, Reid and Rylee!

Prayer Requests: 1) For both babies to continue to improve on feedings. 2) My milk supply to increase. 3) There is a new family in the house, and mom and her son. He is 10 years old and his name is Aaron. Aaron has cancer and is here for treatments. He doesn't have an appetite and is very sick. Please pray for him!

Thank you.....
with love,
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the determined look on your Mom's face burping the baby.
They look SO good.
Just try to think about next Thanksgiving and having Reid and Rylee running everywhere and getting into everything.
Love ya
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Looking good guys!!!!!!! Looks like papaw finally got his hands on those two!!! That is the first thing he said yesterday when he got to the house!!!!! Looks like yall had a busy day with those two!!! I am glad the bottles are coming along!!! I love yall!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read updates daily on all of you.

You all look great and I'm so thankful things are going well.

Can't wait to see all of you.

Love,
Carolyn