

It has been a few days since I posted last, so I'm not sure what all has happened since then. Last night (Sunday) the babies were both put in cribs, which is a HUGE step in the right direction. They aren't actually cribs, more like a plastic box; but if it gets us home, I don't care what it is!!!! Now they are being watched very carefully on their weight and temperature. They didn't eat as much today as they have been, but it wasn't too bad either. The main concern we have right now is Rylee's temperature. They consider normal between 97.0-99.0, and Rylee has dropped into the 96's again. At 5:00 she was 96.6, then at 8:00 she was 96.5. The nurse is suppose to call me at 11:00 if she is still this low or has dropped more. If she stays low for very long, they will put her back in the incubator. We have come too far for that.
As far as going home, nothing has really been mentioned other than in the next week "if everything goes ok." It is a good sign when they call and set up your CPR class, which they called me yesterday. I go tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10:00 for CPR. Usually they do this when they know you should be going home soon.
Brent left yesterday afternoon, and I'm alone for the first time in 5 weeks. It wasn't too bad today; but that is probably because I had to run in circles trying to get their birth certificates straight. It seems they were suppose to give me an application for their birth certificates and didn't. I've been looking for them in the mail, and that would be why they haven't come. So I spent a good bit of time today getting that straight. But I did get it worked out, and actually was able to pick them up at the Health Department today. Now we are just waiting on Social Security cards.
I think Mom is already wanting to come back, but I'm trying to get her to wait and see if we find out when we will come home. If Rylee will get her temperature up and keep it up I think we could be home by Friday. That may be wishful thinking, but that is all I have right now.
I am off to bed, after a long prayer that Rylee will bring her temperature up! Please pray that she comes up, and stays up. Also pray that they will begin to eat a little more. That is basically all that is keeping us here right now. Lastly, pray that we are able to come home soon. Tomorrow the babies will be 5 weeks old, and 5 weeks ago today I went into labor. About now (9:23 PM) I was getting to Jackson. That doesn't seem like 5 weeks ago!!!!!!
Goodnight to all,
with love,
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee


6 comments:
Jessica,
They are absolutely beautiful.
We will all be praying that little Rylee can keep that temperature up.
Good luck on your CPR course.
You are doing so good and have been so brave and faithful through all of this.
I know your Mom is already missing those babies and her baby girl.
Love ya.
Barbara
They look so cozy and happy in their new beds!!!!! I will be praying hard that the little princess is able to get her temp up and keep it there!!! I love yall!!!!
Scooter is too much of a fighter to let a little thing like temp. stop her (ya'll) from comming home. Every one in the Benoit area has all of you in their daily prayers.
Take care of yourself, "Mom" is needed now as much as ever. we all love you and are thinking and praying for you
Hey Jessica!
They are so precious! I will be praying that ya'll can come home friday! I bet you are so ready to get home! I am so happy that they are doing better! And I will be praying that Rylee keeps her temperature up!
Love,
Tiffany Lindsey
comeadJessica,
It's hard to believe that you all have been at the hospital so long but I'm sure you feel that it's been forever - sure hope Rylee will soon adjust and Reid will gain more wait and you all can make the target date of coming home Friday. They get more and more precious in every picture.
Prayers from Memphis and everywhere else continue for all of you.
Love,
Carolyn P
Jessica,
As you can read - I'm tired - did the comment wrong and spelled weight - wait -- oh well what do you expect for an old Grandmother. Ha
Carolyn
Post a Comment