Yesterday was a pretty good day, today started off great but ended not so great Rylee kept her temperature up all day. I found the secret.... they need to be in the same bed. I asked the Nurse Practitioner if that would be alright, and she was fine with it. Her temperature didn't go under 96.9 all night and all day today. They told me this morning that we can expect to go home Friday IF Rylee will keep her temperature up, and if Reid will gain weight. So all day I've been in the frame of mind that we are going home friday. The day nurse had separated the babies before shift change, and that affected Rylee's temperature (at least that is what I'm blaming it on)! At the 8:00 PM feeding her temperature was 96.4, which is not good at all. I made the nurse check it 3 times and it was the same every time. I told her if we put them in the same bed, it would come back up. I don't think she believed me, because she asked 3 other nurses if it was ok to put them together. I wouldn't tell her to if it wasn't ok!!!!!!! I'm SO ready to get my babies home so I can do what I want with them!!!!! I will be calling at 11:00 to see what her temp is, and if they are still in the same bed. Once again, most of the nurses are so nice, but there are a few I just don't see eye to eye with. I'm already on pins and needles..... I am willing to do whatever it takes to get us home, and would appreciate a little help from our nurse on duty. Yeah, I'm a little frustrated.
On a good note.... putting them together was the most precious thing ever! The first time we put them together, we uncovered their hands. Immediatly Reid reached over and grabbed Rylee's hand... he didn't let go for the longest time. It was priceless; I cried! It is amazing to watch them after they have been apart 5 weeks. Today I faced Reid out, and he turned inward towards Rylee. They are so cute.
Enormous prayer requests.... for Rylee's temperature to stay up!!!!! And for Reid to eat more. After both of those happen, pray that we can come home SOON!!!!
Love,
Jessica, Reid, and Rylee






3 comments:
Jessica:
Each time I see pictures of Reid and Rylee I think they couldn't look more precious, but each time they do. I love these with them together.
You can already see personality in their eyes.
Our prayers are with you and those precious children that all will go well and you will be home very very soon.
Love ya
Barbara
JESSICA, I WAS HOPING AND PRAYING THE NURSES WOULD PUT THEM TOGETHER AND I AM SOOOO GLAD THEY DID. THEY ARE SO SWEET LYING BESIDE EACH OTHER AND REID HOLDING RYLEE'S HAND!!! THEY WERE "TOGETHER" FOR 9 MOS. WHY NOT PUT THEM TOGETHER NOW. MAKES SENSE TO ME. MAY THE LORD CONTINUE TO BLESS ALL OF YOU AND MAY OUR PRAYERS BE ANSWERED ABOUT THEM COMING HOME. LOVE NELMA
JESSICA, YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD MOTHER AND SO STRONG. I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR STRENGTH FOR YOU AND THAT REID WILL EAT MORE AND RYLEE WILL STAY WARM AND TOASTEY. I KNOW YOU WANT TO BE HOME WITH BRENT AND HAVE THE BABIES AT HOME TOO, BUT REMEMBER GOD'S TIMING IS PERFECT. YOU'LL ARE IN MINE AND CHARLIE'S PRAYERS DAILY. WE LOVE YOU. MARTHA
Post a Comment