Sunday, December 14, 2008

One happy family on "Going Home Day!"


Loaded up and ready to go!


The nurses telling us bye.


We had to go tell Ronald thank you!


Pappie and MaeMae feeding the babies on the 1st night home.


Daddy time in the recliner


Today, December 14


All the prayers were heard and answered! We came home last Friday night, and what an exciting week at the Blocker house it has been! They were in the hospital 38 days total. They didn't have a bath the entire time they were there, so that was goal #1. They had their first bath last Sunday, and they both slept through it.

Monday I had to take them to the eye doctor for their premature eye exam. Leslie and Annslie went to help out, and Annslie is amazing with them! She is really a good helper. They were 6 weeks old and had their eyes dilated. They both did great, and everything is normal. When premature babies are on oxygen, there is a risk it will hurt their eyes; but we are fine. We go back in 2 months for a follow up.

Tuesday is rained and rained, but we had to go to Clarksdale for my 6 week check up. Everything is fine and Dr. Balthrop was so excited to see them. I still hate that she didn't get to deliver them. We have a bond with her, and she will always be my favorite. The babies also went to the Bunko Christmas party Tuesday, but we didn't stay long.

Wednesday and Thursday we stayed home and I got to taste motherhood on my own. It's not quite as bad as expected, I just don't like being confined to the house. I'm a "goer" and "doer" and it gets the best of me to stay home all day.

Friday we got up and got dressed and went to Leslie's. She and Annslie kept them while I went to Walmart and Punkin Patch. After that we picked up something to eat, then went to the Health Department to get them on WIC. That only took 2 hours!!!!!!!! Needless to say, after that we were all tired and cranky... Mommy included. We found out that they are both over 5 pounds now!!! We don't know exactly how much, because they weighed them with clothes and diapers, and the hospital weighed them naked. They are growing so fast!!!

Saturday we stayed home with Daddy. He is on a cooking kick, and was in the kitchen all day cooking things to freeze. Pappie (Mom) came over that morning and cleaned good and did a few other things around the house. Mrs. Ward brought us lunch and helped with the 12:30 feeding. Allison came and brought 5 boxes of diapers from the school crew. That is the best gift we can get, along with wipes, formula and gift cards.

Last night Brent and I went to the EOC Christmas dinner and Margaret kept them. It was good to get out for a while, but at the same time we were both ready to get back home. We had dinner at Catfish Cabin, went and saw a few friends, made a trip to Walmart, and was back home by 9:00.

Today (Sunday) we went to Nana's for Sunday lunch, then Brent and the twins went to Margaret's for the afternoon. I went to Greenville to try and return a few things.

I have tons of pictures I would like to post, but just don't have the space on here. If you are in the area, and want to come visit, just let me know. We appreciate a call letting us know you are coming, so we can try to schedule a feeding time during your visit. That way they are awake a little.

Today I received some very sad news from a friend at RMH. Nikius, the baby that was very sick, gave up the fight and went to be with Jesus. I'm crying again thinking about it. Nicole, his mom, has been such a blessing in my life. This is the second child she has lost, and she continues to be strong. I haven't talked to her yet, but did hear that she was doing pretty good. Please pray for the Jones family during this very difficult time. I'm sure it is difficult enough losing a child, but with Christmas coming, I'm sure that is more difficult.

Also, another mom from the RMH is facing surgery next Friday on one of her twins. Her skull fused together before it should have, and they are going in to separate it. I don't know all the details, but it is a major surgery. If you think about it, pray for the Wilson family as they await this surgery.

And of course, please continue to pray for Reid and Rylee. Mostly that they gain weight and continue to eat good. They have slept very good for the past 3 nights, and we hope this continues. They have both had a little stuffy nose, but nothing major yet. We hope it is from the temperature changes. Speaking of temperatures, they are doing so much better on keeping their temps up, but pray that continues. Rylee continues to run low, but I think that is just her.

Sorry it has taken me so long to update, but it took me 3 days to get this typed and the pictures uploaded. Things are a little crazy around here, but we are getting the hang of it. I can say I am truely blessed with good babies so far! I hope they stay like this. One good thing about being in the hospital so long is the babies are already on a schedule! It's great! I will try to update at least once a week, but it may be shorter or longer. It just depends on the babies!

With love,
Brent, Jessica, Reid, and Rylee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yall have definetely had a big week!!! But it sounds like mommy, daddy, and babies are enjoying it so far!!! I hope to get to see yall soon!! I cant wait to see how big they are and to see them in their home!!! I love yall!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you know how to contact Nicole? I was going to get contact info before I left, but she was having a bad day. If you hear from Andrea let me know, too. I want to know how her daughter's surgery went.

Jackie Coats

JRGS said...

Jessica - you are amazing! To be going and doing so much with & without them is wonderful! You rock! Caroline LOVES looking at the babies!

Anonymous said...

Hey!
So glad to hear the twins are doing well! The pictures of them are absolutely adorable! I hope y'all have a Merry Christmas!

Bree