Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer Already?

Easter Pictures





Play time in the Pack and Play

Rylee watching TV like a big girl

Reid helping Mom in the kitchen

TV time on Mom and Dad's bed




I feel like I just brought 2 tiny babies home on a cold December night, and now here we are in May. I am amazed at how fast time passes when you are trying to enjoy every moment. I realize that it has been quite a while since I have posted, but I think you understand why!

Where do I begin? Reid is up to 17 pounds as of this morning, and Rylee is pushing 19 pounds!!!! So many people have commented on how "normal" they look to be premature. They have both caught up very well in size, but we are still developmentally at our gestational age, which is 5 months.

They will be 7 months old this Thursday, and I'm already having fun planning a Halloween 1st birthday party! It will be so much fun. Mark it on your calender now, October 31st will be the big day.

Developmental update:
Both babies CAN roll over either way. Reid loves rolling, but Rylee is a little lazy. She doesn't want to put forward the effort to do things like he does. They can both sit up assisted, and reach for items. Reid is learning how to "kiss." He opens his mouth, grabs your face, and lets you have it! It is so funny.

Reid is much more active. He gets bored quick, and will make you tired. You have to plan ahead for him because you will loose his attention fast. He really enjoys being up where he can see, but isn't ready to sit up yet. He likes being in his jumper or Bumbo seat. Rylee, on the other hand, can stay focused on one thing for up to 40 minutes. Especially television. She loves Baby Einstein, and the Noggin channel.

They are both eating baby food at night, and we are starting to have cereal and baby food in the mornings. We have eliminated our night time feedings, and are slowly working towards both sleeping through the night. They have both slept all night twice. Reid is usually the one waking up, but he has trouble breathing. We will get there one day soon. They average going to bed around 7:30 and get up around 6:00. We have come a long way!!!

Our first Easter was a blast. They attended 2 Easter Egg Hunts, and both found a prize egg at each. I took them to have pictures made in their Easter outfits, which was fun. The Easter Bunny was very good to them, with the help of Grandmothers and friends!

Health wise... Rylee has been to the Dr. once since we came home for something other than shots. She had a double ear infection, which led me to the Dr. on Mother's Day morning! Other than that, she is fine! Reid still has some problems, but we are on the road to recovery! He has allergy induced asthma, so we do breathing treatments once a day, along with Zyrtec. He has had numerous ear infections. The latest is NOW, and we went to the Emergency Room last night because I could not get him to stop screaming. He has a double ear infection, and has been on antibiotic for 5 days. NOT GOOD! So Monday we will be going to Jackson to see an ENT there about tubes. Hopefully this will also reduce his allergies, if it eliminates some of the fluid building up. Also he will be having surgery July 1st to correct some "Little Boy" problems. It is nothing major now, but will be if it is not taken care of.

I hate to stop here, but it is time for our night routine. Dinner, bath, and bedtime.

1 comment:

Suzanne Thomas said...

Great pictures!
They are SO cute! Cole had tubes put in when he was 2. They worked so well that we just had them removed 3 weeks ago. Hope all goes well!