Sunday, September 13, 2009

So Much Fun!

Dressed for church!


Pool time with Mommy and Daddy


Our favorite time of day


Rylee eating Reid's foot


Ready to watch the Bulldogs play!


She already has an attitude!


They love getting dressed and having pictures made


Reid's Summer picture


Rylee's Summer picture


Megan


It has been so long since I have posted, and I have to start doing better! Maybe now that they are a little older and I have a little more time I can try to post more often.

The twins are now 10 months old! This time last year, I was pretty close to miserable. I am amazed daily at how much difference a year can make.

I'll start with an update on Reid. Since he was born first, he can go first. Reid weighs almost 20 pounds now and is over an inch taller than Rylee. He is long a thin. He can roll and twist anywhere he wants to go, but isn't thinking about crawling yet. We all say he is going to go straight to walking. He loves to be up, and will even take a few steps if you hold his hands. He has 7 teeth and numbers 8 and 9 are ready to break through. Trust me, he knows how to use his teeth, and they are sharp!

Reid had 2 minor surgeries over the summer. On my last post I said that we were going to Jackson to see an ENT about getting tubes. His ears were so severe that they kept us that night and did the surgery the next day. We got to spend the night at the Ronald McDonald House, which was fun to spend time there. Then in July he had to have his foreskin repaired. It sounds terrible, but it really wasn't that bad. Other than that, he is doing wonderful! He still has allergies and we take breathing treatments when needed, but he has some so far. I love to look at him and think about how blessed we are for him to be so healthy now.

Rylee... ha! She is just Rylee! If you do not see us often, you need to come visit so you can experience her. She is hilarious! Rylee always has a smile on her face unless she is hungry or tired. Rylee can also roll and scoot, but she is up on her hands and knees rocking. She isn't crawling yet, but it won't be long at all. She is so ready, and gets so frustrated that she can only go backwards. She doesn't have ANY teeth yet! The Dr. has been telling me for over 2 months now that she is teething, but we haven't seen any evidence to prove that. It doesn't stop her from eating. She eats solid food better than Reid does.

As far as her health, she is great. She had one ear infection Mother's Day, and hasn't had one since. I took her to the Dr. over the summer for pulling on her ears, but that is when we were told she is teething. Last week, she had a rash come up on several places. I took her to the Dr. for that Friday and found out she has Eczema. At least she will grow out of it.

We are starting to plan their first birthday party. I guess when you went through what we did, you feel like that is a HUGE milestone. Two babies from RMH have already turned 1 and I was emotional over that... so I can't imagine how I will be over Reid and Rylee. God has been so good to us! Like I already said, I love just looking at them and seeing how far they have come and how blessed we are!

An update on our family....
We moved over the summer into a much larger house. We bought this one, so we plan to stay here a while. Don't worry, we didn't move far. Actually, just across the street from where we were. Literally! I look out my front windows and across 2 streets is our old house. We are at the end of a street, so there isn't any traffic and I don't have to worry about babies and cars! We also have a wonderful back yard which includes a large deck with 2 gates (to lock babies in)!
We also have a new addition to our house. My niece, Megan, moved in with us over the summer to go to school down here. She is in 10th grade at CHS and loves it! She is on the dance team and has really made her mark already. So far she is making good grades and I am so proud of her. It has been an adjustment, but the babies love her and she is also a big help.

I guess that is about it for now. I hope to do better on posting, but I say that every time. We'll see!

4 comments:

Kellye said...

I can not believe how big they are from their last pics!!! WOW!!! I had a blast with them in nursery today!! Rylee kept herself pretty busy by scooting all over the room. And Reid enjoyed just sitting up and watching all the other kids!! We had a very good time!!!! Oh and the MSU pics came out great!!!

Leslie said...

I love these munchkins!!! Thank you all for allowing us to be such a part of their lives as well as yours... Love ya like a sister! We are going to have to have some "Tia and Bugs" time soon

Mary Clay Kline said...

They are so cute! I can't believe that they are almost one year old! I was so excited when I found out that you had bought our old house. The twins were ADORABLE in their MSU outfits. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Have your babies grown. We are so happy for you and Brent.
The 1st Birthday party should be a real hoot! Hi to your Mom and Dad.
Need to contact them soon.
Your Friends,

Jerry and Daudet