Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break








Gosh how time flies!!!! I didn't realize it has been so long since I updated. I guess you can tell I have my hands full! The babies are growing so fast, and make great progress. Monday we went to the doctor for our RSV shot. Rylee is up to 13.10 pounds and Reid is up to 12.3 pounds!!!!! Reid would be more, but he has been sick.

Last Wednesday morning at 1:30 we were up feeding the babies and Reid choked or that is what I thought. He threw up all over me, him, and my bed. I thought nothing of it, and we all went back to bed. At 3:00 he woke up screaming, and had thrown up all in his bed. It was the beginning of the dreaded stomach virus. He threw up several more times that morning, then it turned to diarrhea. We went to the doctor that afternoon and put him on pedialyte for 24 hours. The next day everytime we tried formula the diarrhea came back. This continued Friday and we went back to the doctor. The coating of his stomach was pretty much gone so he couldn't digest the formula. They put him on Imodium and diluted formula. That got rid of the diarrhea, but he started throwing up again. Saturday I called the doctor and we put him back on pedialyte for 24 hours. When we went back to formula he has done good. He missed the grape flavor of pedialyte, so we mixed some in the first bottles, but now he is on straight formula. Our only problem now is he doesn't want to be put down. I guess he deserves to be spoiled a little when you think about all he has been through.

Rylee is Ms. Personality. She loves people. It doesn’t take much to make her smile or laugh. God blessed me with a truly “easy” baby when he gave me her. She loves talking to people, and will talk to anyone. I guess she takes after her mom. She is starting to make all kinds of sounds when she talks, and is starting to reach for toys. She spent the night away from us for the 1st time Wednesday night. She went to Leslie’s house to spend the night with Annslie. Annslie loves helping with the babies. When we change diapers, she gets to stick the tab down. Such a big helper.

Reid is Mr. Active. He has to be moving and prefers to be up and moving. He takes in everything around him, and makes sure he knows who has him. He is defiantly turning the corner from colic, and we are so glad of that! He finally started smiling and cooing. We thought for a while he was just an unhappy baby, but that is not the case at all. He just couldn’t smile and deal with colic at the same time. He loves floor time and is really starting to use his arms and hands. He loves his activity mat; he kicks the rattle and pulls on the other toys.

We are now taking cereal mixed with fruit by mouth once a day and getting three cereal bottles a day. Next week we will try Rylee on vegetables. Reid isn’t digesting some foods as well as her, so we will wait a little while for him. Right now he only gets applesauce. Everything else upsets his stomach.

Summer will be here soon, and you will find us at the pool. They already have their swimsuits, and I think the Easter Bunny is going to bring pool toys and floats. I can’t wait to spend the summer with them. They will really be active by May!

I hope that I can update a little sooner since Reid is getting so much better. Right now he is laying in the floor talking to the frog on his mat. It is amazing to think about how far he has come. Please continue to pray for their health and progress. Prayer has brought these miracles so far, and God will continue to shower us with his blessings. Thank you for your love and prayers! Happy Spring!

No comments: