




First off, we have a very good reason for not updating. Reid has had colic in the worst way! We are now on our 6th formula, and hopefully starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. They say it will just take time.... but our patience is about out. It is very frustrating to see your child hurt, and know there is nothing you can do about it!
They are both doing wonderful (other than the colic)! Rylee is up to 11 pounds 2 ounces and Reid is up to 9 pounds 13 ounces. Rylee has been smiling and cooing for about 2 weeks now. She is the cutest thing. Reid just started this week, and his good time is in the morning; which I miss because of work. I actually got to enjoy him for the first time yesterday morning.
Last Friday we went to the Dr. and they told us we could start cereal. So we started rice last Friday night and by Monday they were both constipated. We switched to oatmeal and adding Karo to their cereal bottles and are doing much better! They both love their cereal bottle, unless you leave the Karo out. Who likes oatmeal without sugar???? Not my kids.
My sister has been coming about once a month to give us a break, and that is wonderful!!! We really look forward to the weekends that Aunt Lala comes. She comes this Friday, and we are counting down the days. She cooks, cleans, and takes care of the babies. The last time she came Brent and I went away for the night. We went and stayed at Harlow's in Greenville. We were both in bed sound asleep by 7:30! It was great. Of course I woke up every time they should have been eating, but didn't have to stay up.
I also got a day to myself yesterday thanks to my neighbors, Ike and Jamie! I had planned to go to Greenville and run errands, but plans changed. When it started to thunder I curled up in bed and stayed there for the afternoon. Last night they went out to eat for the 1st time and did wonderful. They fell asleep on the way home and slept until 1:15. That is our new record of 5 hours!!!
As you can see by the pictures we are really starting to fill out and change. I'm sorry it has taken so long, but when I get home it is Reid's fussy time, have to make bottles and get in bed. The weekends are a blur. I don't feel like I get anything done I intend on doing. We are starting to get different people to keep them some on weekends so I can get things done. During the week I try to come straight home to give Margaret and Mom a break. I couldn't do it without either of them. Mom comes over right when she gets off so Ms. Stella can go home, and Margaret usually comes to feed at 4:00. Right now Reid is over at Margaret's so I can give Rylee some attention.
I will try my best to update a little sooner this time, but no promises.

4 comments:
they have gotten so big.
They are so wonderful. They have grown so much just since we saw them in January.
They both look happy and content.
BB
Jessica! They have changed so stinkin much and my gosh they just keep getting more cute :) When I saw Rylee's picture I immediately thought wow a pretty little girl looks a lot like her mommy!!! They both look wonderful. I loved the pictures, look forward to seeing more. Love you guys!
Bethany
p.s. just checking to make sure you got the gift?
I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE COLIC. WE WENT THROUGH THAT TOO BUT NOT TWO AT A TIME!!! THEY ARE REALLY GROWING AND FILLING OUT. I HEAR THEIR GRANDPARENTS AND GREAT-GRANDPARENTS BRAGGING. THEY DESERVE TO BE BRAGGED ON. WITH THE LORD'S HELP ,THEY HAVE MADE PROGRESS AND WITH ALL THE GOOD HELP YOU HAVE. GOD BLESS NELMA
Post a Comment