Sunday, January 11, 2009

Almost 11 Weeks Old!




At Mae Mae's on Christmas morning.


Griffin playing with the paper.


All the presents at PawPaw and Pappie's house! The wagon is full!


Santa came to see us!

After church on Christmas Eve.

Our cousin, Griffin.

10 1/2 weeks old! Rylee on the left and Reid on the right.

Gosh how time flies!! This Tuesday Reid and Rylee will be 11 weeks old and it seems like I was just in labor. A lot has happened since my last post, so I will try to tell you as much as I can.

The twins had their first Christmas and I enjoyed it so much. When Santa came, I got so excited!!! We took them to church on Christmas Eve, then went to Nana's house. That was fun. After that we went down to Mom and Dad's house and I have never seen so many presents for two babies and will never remember any of it! They got a John Deere wagon and the complete set of Baby Einstein DVD's; along with a ton of other stuff. We opened all the presents there and came home to wait for Santa!

Christmas morning, Santa had came and brought an adorable toy chest and toys to go in it! We got dressed and went to Mae Mae's for Christmas morning. Griffin had a blast; more so with the paper than anything. They got their mobiles for their beds, a very cute church outfit, books, and Aunt Brooke gave them their "night-night" blanket. They haven't slept without them since.

We took out to Grandma's house and stayed there for the day. They were the center of attention, and were passed around constantly. They slept pretty good after that very busy day.

Reid was still stuffy after Christmas, so that Saturday Margaret and I took them to Ruleville to see what they said... The exact same thing! It is probably allergies, and all we can do right now is use saline drops or spray and a humidifier. Reid had a red ear, so they put him on antibiotic. That day Reid weighed 6 pounds 4 ounces and Rylee weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces! We were so proud of their weight gain.

The next Friday, we had to go to the Dr. for their 2 month old shots. I dreaded that for days. The Dr. looked them both over from head to toe and said that they look very good. There are a few concerns with Reid. First, his left testicle hasn't dropped and it should have by now. If it doesn't drop on its own in the next 2 weeks, it will have to be surgically corrected.

Second, they both have had "outtie" belly buttons forever, but Reid's isn't going in. Rylee's has gone in a good bit, and looks a lot better, but Reid's seems to be getting larger to me. We go to Jackson this Wednesday for a follow-up appointment, and I'm going to ask them about it. I wouldn't be worried if it was staying the same size, but instead of going in, it is coming out more.

The shots went pretty good. That day Reid weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces and Rylee weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces!!! They are gaining weight so fast. They both ran a low fever and were fussy. Reid's leg was pretty sore and he screamed if you touched it, but that is because he doesn't have as much fat on his legs.

They both continue to keep a stuffy nose. It gets better for a while, then gets terrible again. It has a lot to do with this crazy weather. I just wish there was something other than saline and humidifiers I could do for them. There have been several nights that Reid has woken up before feeding time because he can't breathe. It is so frustrating not to be able to help them!

Last Monday was the day I dreaded for 10 weeks! I went back to work. Last Sunday I cried thinking about it, several times! But Monday when I got up and started getting ready, I was ok. It was very hard to leave them, but I made it through. We hired a lady, Mrs. Stella, to come to the house and keep them so I don't have to get them out in the cold, and so they aren't around daycare germs. This lady is a true God-send! She is amazing. She can get them to eat more than any of us can. They eat for her, they sleep for her, and somehow she finds time to clean my house for me! It made the week so much better knowing they were in good hands! Everyone is amazed at how well it has gone.

Like I said, this Wednesday we go to Jackson for our follow up appointment. Pray that everything goes well. I'm anxious to see if they say I can do anything for the stuffy noses. I also want them to look at Reid's belly button. Our Dr. here is monitoring his testicle, but I still may get them to look at that also.

Since I last posted, two more babies from the RMH went to be with Jesus, and they were both out of a set of twins. The first was Abby, which was originally one of the triplets. Andrea, their mom, got to take Anna Kate, her only child, home on Christmas Day. I can't imagine her pain; delivering three babies, and only taking one home! Please pray for her. She became a pretty good friend while we were there. Also, Cayleigh died January 2. Her twin brother, Cayden, is still in the NICU, but should be going home soon. Cayleigh and Cayden were right beside Reid when he was first born, so we became pretty close to them.

I hope to post a little more often... I'm sorry it's been so long. Please leave a comment if you are still keeping up with the blog, so I will know that people are still reading it.

If you aren't doing so already, please continue to pray for us. It gets pretty trying at times around here.

10 comments:

Dickinson said...

Still Reading, thanks for the updates! Glad it is going well.

Anonymous said...

Reid and Rylee are getting so big. I hope to see yall Wednesday. Jackie

Courtney said...

Im still reading! I love seeing pictures of your precious babies!

Hope to see them in person soon!

Courtney

BJ said...

Hey girl, I check this blog every day to see if there is an update. The Miracles are looking so great! They are beautiful babies and I am so happy for you. Great job on finding someone you can trust to watch them while you work, that makes things a lot easier, I know. I pray for ya'll daily and look forward to the next update!

Anonymous said...

I never comment, but check the blog almost weekly! They look amazing and I thought about you a lot last Monday! Glad to see everything is well and can't wait to see them!
Megan (Little) Cunningham

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I check it all the time to see if there are any updates about them! They are so adorable! That is so sad about those families that lost their babies. I could not imagine having triplets and only going home with one of them. I will continue praying for them! I really enjoy reading what is going on with them!
Love,
Tiffany Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Your babies are precious and we all enjoyed seeing them and holding them this past Saturday.
Thanks for the use of your house.
BB

Anonymous said...

I WAS TALKING TO MILDRED THIS MORNING TO SEE IF YOU WERE STILL DOING THE BLOG.SHE DIDN'T KNOW BUT I AM GLAD YOU ARE. IT HAS BEEN SO NICE TO KEEP UP WITH THE BABIES LIKE THIS. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL AND FILLING OUT SO WELL. WE WISH YOU ALL A GOOD YEAR AS YOU WATCH THEM GROW. LOVE NELMA HALL GOD BLESS

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
Caroline had colic. Your mom told Alice that Reid has it also. Call me if you need to scream or you need to cry...I did alot of that when Caroline had it. I also have a few tips for you. Nothing cures it, but they may make your life easier.

Sherry Haley

brittanymorris said...

Hey Jessica,
This is the first time I have seen your blog. I noticed on face bookt he other day that you had one. your babies are precious! you are such a wonderful mom. I LOVE the christmas pictures. I hope this Christmas season brings yal laughter, love and much joy.
Have a merry Christmas,
Brittany Morris and Family