Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring has Sprung!







I can not believe Spring is here! It has been so long since I have posted... I'm sorry. I have lots to tell you, and probably not enough time to sit here and do it.

I have to rewind all the way to Christmas..... I told you it had been a while! The babies had a big Christmas as expected. It was so much fun this year. Reid got a Firetruck Ball Pit for his big gift. Rylee got a Cabbage Patch with her birthday and same middle name. I can honestly say they have enjoyed their presents to this day.



The new year started off with a bang.... Rylee in the Emergency Room! She had an upper respiratory infection. She is hardly ever sick, so when she is it is usually bad.

I hated going back to work in January. I had so much fun over the break. February brought excitement as well. On Valentine's Day, Reid was admitted to the hospital for the 2nd time with RSV. It is a respiratory infection that is common in premature and asthmatic babies. So in this situation, he has 2 strikes against him. We were there for 2 nights and left doing breathing treatments continuously. He is doing much better, but now his allergies are acting up.

During Spring Break we gave up our morning nap. They are both down to one nap a day now, and I miss the morning nap! That was my time to get things in order.

I guess our biggest news right now is that in the last week BOTH babies have started walking!!!! Rylee is everywhere and very confident. Reid is still unsure of himself, but has made wonderful progress! It won't be long and they will be running.

Since the weather is warming up, we are spending lots of time outside. They both love it, and it wears them out. Reid is defiantly Brent's child... he LOVES tractors. Everywhere we go he spots them and screams, "Trac- ter!" He has gone with Brent several times to ride. The first couple of times it put him to sleep. Poor baby, doesn't have a chance.


Rylee is "Ms. Independent!" Just put her outside and let her go, and she is happy! We have a gated deck on the back of the house where I can just set them free. She walks around checking everything out, and making sure nothing has moved. She is very curious and makes sure that nothing changes without her knowing.


Saturday night they had their last bottle. (Sniff, Sniff...) I feel like we just let go of our last tie with "babyhood." They are toddlers now.


We have a big weekend planned for Easter! We went to see the Easter Bunny yesterday and it was a disaster! They both screamed. Rylee was fine once Megan got her out of his lap, and left the mall saying "Bye Buh-!" But Reid... Mr. Sensitive.... didn't recover until we left the mall. They have lots planned starting with Friday they will go to the Benoit Union Egg Hunt, then Saturday we are having a egg hunt at our house at 3:00. If you are around, please come!!!!




Monday, Reid has an appointment in Jackson to see an immunologist/allergist/respiratory doctor that specializes in pediatrics. If you think about us, please say a prayer for him. We are praying that they will get his allergies controlled. He already takes Singulair daily and antihistamines as needed.

The past few weeks I have been busy with March of Dimes events. March of Dimes is an organization that is trying to ensure all babies are born healthy. Without some of the advancements made through their organization, Reid and Rylee might not be where they are today. Last week, Pearman raised over $3000 for March of Dimes! May 1 the babies and I will be walking in the Mid Delta March for Babies in Greenwood. We are looking for team members and walkers! If you are interested, please visit our site at www.marchforbabies.org/blockerbabies to sign up! All you need to do is ask people to sponsor you on your walk! We would love to have your support.


Thank you for still keeping up with us! I encourage you to go back and look at how far they have come by visiting my archived posts in 2008 and 2009! I'm amazed and overwhelmed at God's goodness in our lives.

1 comment:

Tabetha Gentry said...

Jess can i just say what an amazing mother you are.As well as friend. i just looked ever their whole blog. You are so precious.From your enthusiasm for every stage your angels go thru, to your love for Megan, and your devotion to reaching the women of Refuge. I envy(in a good way)the energy and pazazz you posess for life in general! Go,go,go=) it is what i long for, to have the "go" you have! love you
tabetha gentry