Saturday, December 5, 2009

One Year Anniversary

One year ago today I went to the hospital for the babies morning feeding like I normally did. But that morning was different. That morning I waited on the decision of us going home or not. I remember sitting there for over 2 hours waiting for the Dr to come around for morning rounds. I finally went downstairs and got some breakfast. When I returned back upstairs, our nurse told me that she was starting our paper work... we were going home!!! OH, how I remember those emotions. I was so excited, yet so scared. I was about to leave a hospital with 2 TINY babies. For the past 38 days, Drs and nurses had made all the decisions for us, now it was going to be up to me.

I called Brent and mom immediately and told them to come on!!!! We had to have 1 car to take all the stuff home we had accumulated, and another to drive me and the babies home. We took pictures and said our good-byes. I remember looking at them on the way home and thinking "How in the world are we going to take care of 2 babies?"

Well, here we are exactly 1 year later. This year past year holds lots of memories and milestones. The first huge milestone was both babies weighing over 6 pounds, now they each weigh 22 pounds! We had to change formula 6 or 7 times before finding one that agreed with both babies, and they both barely took 2 ounces, now they eat us out of house and home! Reid had colic for months, then tubes put in his ear, and a foreskin repair. Now he is pretty healthy with the exception of asthma and allergies. Rylee never had many health problems, but has always amazed us by meeting milestones so quickly. Then the big move of the summer into our much larger house was an adjustment, but SO worth it. Now they are both crawling everywhere and into everything! As I type they have crawled into the kitchen and emptied the diaper bag along with a few other bags.

I fall in love more and more with them each day. They are so fun to watch, and never cease to amaze me. I wanted to take a minute to show everyone what a difference a year can make.

Once again, Merry Christmas from the Blocker Family!

12-5-08

12-5-09


Rylee 12-5-08

Rylee 12-5-09

Reid 12-5-08

Reid 12-5-09

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jess! You have a beautiful family.